Young People’s Counsellor
Overall objectives to:
- Work directly with individual young people to enhance their physical, emotional, and social health and wellbeing.
- Assist in providing a high-quality counselling service to young people.
- Deliver short-term focused therapeutic counselling sessions to young people and make referrals to other services as appropriate.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures, professional practices, and code of ethics for counsellors/therapists.
- Ensure all monitoring, reporting and data collection is undertaken and kept up to date in line with the organisation’s requirements.
- Participate in the smooth running of the organisations service delivery.
- Participate in team meetings and events.
- Provide short term counselling to young people aged 12 – 25 (with emphasis on solution focused brief therapy). For specifically targeted projects the age range may be 7 and upward, any work of this nature will be discussed in advance with the counsellor and will be specific to the counsellor’s skills, training, and experience.
- Establish a trusting, respectful professional and therapeutic relationship with the young person, maintaining good time keeping and clinical boundaries.
- To work with and engage young people in a creative and realistic manner.
- Agree a counselling contract outlining confidentiality and safeguarding.
- To ensure wider services and support for young people are facilitated according to need.
- To accurately complete and maintain, all statistical and outcome measurement data, records reports, and case studies, as directed, and in accordance with specific requirements of the project on an on-going basis.
- To undertake case related administration, as required and directed by the Wellbeing Clinical Manager.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £14.05-£16.17 per hour (depending on experience)
- Company pension
- Contribution to clinical supervision
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Nationally recognised Counselling Qualification (required)
Work Location: In person
How to apply:
First download and complete an application form: 4YP Job Application Form. Clicking this link should download the form to your computer or mobile device.
Then upload your completed application form online here: 4YP Job Application Portal
For more information about the role or support with the application process, please contact us at 01473 252607 (during office hours) or email email@example.com.