What does counselling at 4YP offer?
The counselling 4YP offers links with, and combines, all the elements of work that is carried out by the 4YP team. It is a confidential service for young people who are ready to enter one-to-one sessions focusing on difficult issues with a trained counsellor.
Who are the Counsellors?
All counsellors working withing 4YP follow the Ethical Code of the British Association for
Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), the National Counselling Society (NCS), or the United
Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP)
What areas can counselling at 4YP cover?
- Family relationships
- School – e.g. pressures of exams/course work / socialising / bullying
- Bereavement and loss
- Eating problems
What does counselling offer?
Solution-focused counselling offers the chance for the young person to:
- Focus on the here and now
- Make specific goals towards change for a preferred future
- Develop greater self-awareness
- Gain control over their own life choices
- Space in which to express thoughts / feelings / life experiences with a non-judgmental person who lends support, encouragement and has a listening and trustworthy ear
Who else might benefit from counselling?
Young people who have low self-esteem, lack of confidence or who feel lonely, shy or confused may benefit from talking to an outside objective person who isn’t involved in the family, school or work.